San Diego in Numbers aims to involve a wide range of community analysts, both to increase the number of questions we can answer, but also to build regional capacity to address important problems with data. Analysts of all skill levels can get involved, and the specific skills that will be most useful are:
- Formal data analysis using Python or R
- Visualization with tools like Tableau
- GIS tools such as QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Data Journalism and technical writing, to create summaries of analysts work for the public.
To get started as a community analyst you should:
- Create an account in the Q&A site, where you can select a question to tackle and make comments to ask for clarification.
- Register for our Slack, then joint the channel #insights.
- Join our Meetup group for announcements about regular review and training sessions.
- Follow the San Diego Regional Data Library one of our social media or email lists for other announcements about events and contests.
After that, work on anything you like!